Hey there! My name is Leah.
I’m a homeschooling mom of 2, natural learning advocate, Master teacher, speaker, author, and the founder of Your Natural Learner
My greatest joy comes from parents seeing their child have that AHA! moment when something they’re excited about finally connects! Gosh, it makes me giddy just thinking about it.
And when it comes to helping a parent go from mundane daily routines and overwhelm to waking up with a plan and total excitement every day… well, that is just my jam!
A bit more about me:
- I have over 15 years of experience educating and working with children of all ages, from infancy to college years.
- I have two Masters of Education degrees as a Reading Specialist, K-12 certification, and Curriculum and Instruction Design.
- I’ve been running my own natural education business for 5 years, and have worked with hundreds of families and educators around the world to totally transform the way they look at the learning process and the way they teach their children.
- I don’t just talk the talk, I walk the walk – through a lifetime of experience traveling, learning, and experimenting with my own family, to make sure I’m sharing only the best and the brightest with you!
And when I’m not designing my next online course or writing content for my followers, you can find me enjoying the gorgeous Pacific Northwest outdoors with my husband Brian and our two boys Charlie and Desmond, snuggling up with one of our pups, or planning the next big family vacation!
If you’re still interested in lil’ ole’ me, keep reading (this will all be in my biography one day)….
- I. Love. Coffee. Every day begins and ends with a French-pressed cup of dark, black coffee.
- I avoid getting dressed in real clothes like the plague. Pjs and sweats are my favorite reason for running my own business from home. Seriously – even in live webinars, I may have a nice shirt on, but I promise you there are fleece-y pants under the screen.
- I love cooking and experimenting with new foods. We are a vegetarian family and most recently experimented with a “Vegducken” for Thanksgiving! (It was delicious!!)
- I’ve read the Harry Potter series five times, and I get emotional every time. My oldest is finally beginning his journey in reading them and watching the wonder in his eyes is even more magical than when I first read them.
- I used to be an actor and won several international acting awards.
- My favorite form of procrastination is cleaning my house. If my house is really clean, chances are I’m putting off a project.
- I have had 22 addresses in my life. The longest I’ve lived in one house was 4.5 years. #militarybrat
- I never cry… but I get true tears of joy every time a client or member shares with me the story of how my programs have changed their lives and their relationship with their child. I originally went into teaching to reach as many kids as I could… and now I’ve truly found the way to stretch that audience so much bigger than one classroom at a time. I absolutely LOVE what I do.
Ready to experience the excitement of passionate learning through your child’s eyes (in an easy to facilitate way)?
Check out all of the amazing resources on this site (tons of great free stuff) and connect with me on social media to stay up to date on everything new and exciting!
Make sure to join my free Nature-Inspired Learning Facebook Community. We have a blast over there!