It’s that time of year again! Instead of scrambling at the last minute, fighting the crowds, and worrying about picking out that “perfect gift” for the natural learner in your life, check out this carefully curated list of my favorite gifts that you’ll find under my tree this year!
You’re sure to find something for every part of your day and every person on your list, between creating in your art studio, adventuring outdoors, free play, and even a few things for the parents too! 😉
Oh, and make sure to enter our Black Friday Giveaway Bundle, with an amazing combo of gifts from several of the awesome companies in our Gift Guide this year! And don’t forget to check out the incredible Black Friday Specials here on Your Natural Learner as well!
Without further ado….
For the Art Studio
- Honeysticks – Natural, Non Toxic Goodness! Honeysticks beeswax crayons are handmade in New Zealand from 100% pure New Zealand beeswax with non-toxic pigments so they are safe for infants, kids and children of all ages. Contains no paraffin wax or cheap fillers. *see Honeysticks featured in our giveaway*
- The Historical Heroines Coloring Book – Pioneering Women in Science from the 18th and 19th Centuries celebrates 31 women who passionately pursued their talents in the fields of science, technology, engineering, and mathematics, often in the face of gender discrimination. Each woman scientist is featured on a double-page spread that includes exquisite illustrations and short biographies.
- Happytime Flower Press – Children will have fun pressing and drying their favorite plants and flowers with this kid-friendly flower press. Bring the beauty of Mother Nature indoors for exploration and creativity using this easy-to-use flower press.
- Imagine Childhood’s Modeling Beeswax – Better than clay or playdough… this modeling beeswax is something even the adults in the home won’t be able to keep away from! With its pleasant beeswax scent and perfectly clean handling, it is an ideal material for modeling. Scent, color and consistency work together when modeling. The warmth of the hands melts the wax and makes it malleable and when the wax hardens, the luminosity and fine brilliance remain.
- Posable Wooden Mannequin – This might seem like an odd gift, but nothing quite rounds out an art studio like some wooden mannequins! These little guys inspire realistic drawing and sculpting, they’re fun to paint over and over again, and allow for endless hours of play and creativity. A must have in every open-ended art space!
For Outdoor Adventure Gear
- Biddle and Bop – Nothing prepares your little adventurer for all-season weather like Biddle and Bop’s Classic Rain Gear! The jacket has a detachable hood, a soft fleece collar and snap flap over the zipper for extra protection from the rain. The pants feature adjustable elastic straps around the foot which helps keep them down over your rain boot. *see Biddle and Bop featured in our giveaway*
- Bogs Rain Boots – Stay dry and active during mud season in the lightweight 100% waterproof Rain Boots. Easy pull-on handles, odor-fighting liner, and a non-slip outsole will keep your little one comfortable for long-haul outdoor play. Depending on where you live, Bogs’ winter boots are just as fantastics!
- Klean Kanteen – With plenty of options to choose from in the Klean Kanteen line, there is definitely something for everyone. I personally recommend the insulated bottles for the adventurous family, as your beverage will stay exactly the same temperature for up to 24 hours!
- Kelly Kettle Ultimate Base Camp Kit – For the super adventurous ones out there, the Kelly Kettle is a gift for the whole family! The stainless steel base camp kit is a highly efficient outdoor camping cook stove which is suitable for car camping, family picnics, scouts, kayakers, caravanning camping or anyone who works or enjoys the outdoors. As there is no need to carry fuel, this kit will keep your pack light and save you money at the same time – never worry about running out of fuel again.
- Slackline Kit with Trainer – Transform your backyard into a true ninja adventure ground with this slackline kit that includes everything you need to set up in a jif! Perfect for backyard family fun, get togethers, summer camping, camping gear, parties, park and beach trips. A fun and easy way to improve your core strength, posture, balance, coordination and focus.
For the Discovery Zone
- Kid’s Moon Club – The Kid’s Moon Club is a journey and experience designed by Nicolette Sowder of Wilder Child. At the start of the December 2018 lunar cycle and every new moon though out the year, Club members will gain access to a new full-moon collection delivered digitally. Each collection contains art activities, stories, recipes and more. Everything you need to inspire your moon child and throw thirteen magical full-moon celebrations. *see Kid’s Moon Club featured in our giveaway*
- Wild Republic’s Audubon Birds – Probably my favorite thing under our tree this year! Created in conjunction with the Audubon Society, each plays its own unique and realistic bird song, provided by the Cornell Lab of Ornithology. From backyard birds to majestic birds of prey, geese and ducks, you can build a flock one-by-one, two-by-two or by gaggles at a time. These are the perfect way to bring bird-watching into your home.
- Mortar and Pestle – Quite an odd thing to gift a child, right? WRONG! If you have a nature table in your home (and you should!), you need a mortar and pestle on that table! From crushing up pinecones to smell the aroma, making leaf glitter, or crushing herbs for a recipe, a mortar and pestle makes a fantastic gift for the budding scientist!
- Pocket Naturalist Guides for your area – The Pocket Naturalist Guides are our family’s favorite way of identifying nature around us! There are tons of options for various creatures you want to ID, and most of the guides are broken up by region to make it easier for your child to pinpoint what they are looking for. Best of all – the laminated guides make them durable enough to take along on outdoor adventures!
- Bird Watching Binoculars – Put down the screens and let nature be the entertainment with these easy-to-use, and superb quality kids’ binoculars. Your child will love searching for birds on nature walks, checking out the stars at night, or sneaking a peek of creatures in the forest.
For Free Play and Creativity
- Stick-lets – Ok, maybe THESE will be our favorite thing under the tree this year! The Stick-lets® Holiday Fort Kit consists of 16 stick connectors and a project pamphlet to construct a Christmas tree, star wall hanging, coat rack and more. Keep the home creative and festive this holiday season! Limited edition. Then use them outside all year long for creative fort-building! *see Stick-lets featured in our giveaway*
- Magnatiles (or Picasso tiles) – There is nothing that is played with in our house quite as much as these magnetic tiles (both brands are great)! Build in 3D, create a wide variety of structures, play with colors and light, hide objects inside…. there are no limits to what can be done with these fantastic toys. A must-have for every little on your list!
- Wildcraft – A fantastic cooperative game from our friends at Learning Herbs. This family favorite will teach your children all about the magic of healing herbs while you work together to complete the game. This will quickly become your family’s favorite game!
- Right Brained Mom Shop Loose Parts Play – Transform your child’s play and learning environment with the beautiful hand-made creations from Right Brained Mom. With gorgeous colors, lots of differently shaped pieces, and tons of imagination at hand, these will be the most loved gifts under your tree.
- World Wildlife Federation Species Adoption – Support the important work of the World Wildlife Federation with a symbolic species adoption. Your financial support helps fund the global conservation efforts of the WWF and your little one gets a stuffed animal that matches the animal you choose to support (there are SO many amazing creatures to support!!).
For the Parents
- Sage Homeschooling: Wild and Free Book – Sage Homeschooling: Wild and Free by Rachel Rainbolt offers a natural learning path, for gentle parents who dream of living fully in joy and connection with their children while giving them all they need to be successful, with eight secrets to living a fulfilling unschooling life. *see Sage Homeschooling featured in our giveaway*
- Slow: Children at Nature Play Sign – Slow: Children at Nature Play is a street sign used to raise awareness about the importance of connecting children to nature. Playing off of the standard Slow: Children at Play signs often seen in neighborhoods or near parks, which request of their viewers to slow down their approaching vehicle, the “Slow” in my sign seeks to urge its viewers to “Slow” down their minds and busy schedules, and take notice of the joy and wonder that children exhibit when playing in nature.
- There’s No Such Thing as Bad Weather Book – There’s No Such Thing as Bad Weather by Linda Åkeson McGurk is a fascinating personal narrative that highlights the importance of spending time outdoors and illustrates how the Scandinavian culture could hold the key to raising healthier, resilient, and confident children in America. *see There’s No Such Thing as Bad Weather featured in our giveaway*
- A Child’s World Nature-Inspired Curriculum – Authored by yours truly, this child-led curriculum will help you create meaningful, natural learning experiences for your children all year long! With curriculum available from Pre-K to First grade, you’re sure to find something to ignite passions and inspire joyful learning with your family.
And there you have it!! Make sure you check out our Black Friday Giveaway Bundle! Happy Holidays from my family to yours!