It’s that time of year again! Time for the Holiday Gift Guide, especially for your adventurous, curious natural learners! Instead of scrambling at the last minute, fighting the crowds, or worrying about picking out that “perfect gift” for the natural learner in your life, check out this carefully curated list of my favorite gifts that you’ll find under my tree this year! This is also a great link to pass along to grandparents or family members who are asking for ideas for the kids.
This list is broken down into some “must-haves” for all of your natural learners, tons of other gift ideas, and even gifts for the parents (the holidays aren’t just for kids, after all!). Even better… most of the gifts that you’ll find on the list this year are from small, family-run businesses, who literally do a happy dance with each order and item that are purchased. As a small, family business myself, I know how special it feels to be supported in the work that I do. So… get your scroll on, shop these amazing natural learning gifts, and make sure to share the gift guide with your friends and family!
Ok, let’s begin with the HOLIDAY MUST-HAVE GIFTS!
- Stick-lets – These amazing fort-builders will get your little ones outside to explore the world of wonder. They’re one of our favorite outdoor playthings, and are often brought indoors for some bedroom fort-building too! Stick-lets are strong and flexible silicone joints used to create anything you can imagine using sticks while strengthening STEM skills. From rocket ships to fairy dens, Stick-lets inspire some memorable creations. Reconnect with Mother Nature while you play! Best bang for your buck this year is going to be the 18-piece Mega Fort Kit. This kit includes 18 Stick-lets: (3) white, (3) green, (3) blue, (3) red, (3) purple, (3) orange, a tote bag, and a pamphlet. Ideal for ages 6 – 99. Stick-lets is kindly offering Your Natural Learner readers a holiday discount for 15% off all kits! Use code: BUILDAFORT at checkout. One use per customer.
Make sure to follow Stick-lets on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest for inspirational ideas for outdoor play!
- Biddle and Bop – My family’s personal outdoor gear company of choice! Nothing prepares your little adventurer for all-season weather like Biddle and Bop’s Classic Rain Gear! A European Forest Kinder school favorite, CeLaVi’s waterproof jacket and trousers set is made with a soft polyurethane. The jacket has a detachable hood, a soft fleece collar and snap flap over the zipper for extra protection from the rain. The pants feature adjustable elastic straps around the foot which helps keep them down over your rain boot. The smaller sizes (to 100) have bibbed pants with snaps at the side and adjustable elastic shoulder straps. The bigger sizes (from 110) have an elastic waist. Reflective strips printed around one of the sleeves and legs add safety in the dark. The suits are waterproof, have high quality zippers, welded seams, and best of all, free from harmful substances such as PVC, fluorine substances, nickel, AZO dyes, and flame retardants. Biddle and Bop is also offering a discount to readers here for 15% off all orders from Dec 1st through Dec 18th. Use code: YNL15 at checkout. Follow Biddle and Bop on Facebook, Instagram, and in their Facebook Group for tons of ideas for outdoor play!
- Kids Moon Club – This incredible subscription package from Wilder Child is an amazing gift idea for all natural learning families! At the start of the January 2019 lunar cycle, and every new moon throughout the year, Club members will gain access to a new Full Moon Collection delivered digitally. There is a themed digital Collection for each full moon of the lunar year. All Collections contain art activities, stories, recipes and more! The Club includes everything you need to inspire your moon child, throw twelve magical full moon celebrations, and connect throughout the month.
- Picasso Magnet Tiles – There is nothing that is played with in our house quite as much as these magnetic tiles (and yes they connect just fine with other magnetic tile brands like Magnatiles)! Build in 3D, create a wide variety of structures, play with colors and light, hide objects inside…. there are no limits to what can be done with these fantastic toys. A must-have for every little on your list!
- KiwiCo Subscription Crates – These crates are full of so much creative fun, and my kids can’t wait for theirs to arrive each month! They have a variety of options to choose from based on your child’s age or interests, plus tons of add-ons for extra creative/science-y fun! Get your little natural learner started this Christmas and let them know that a new subscription box will be coming each month for a gift that keeps on giving! Your Natural Learner readers can try their first subscription crate for FREE, just pay for shipping through that link!
Some other favs this year….
- Right Brained Mom – Inspired by loose parts play and want to bring more fun and excitement to your little one’s daily exploration? My mind is constantly blown by the creativity that flows out of Brandon’s shop! Seriously, I want to just run away to her workshop and play like a kid for hours. Transform your child’s play and learning environment with these beautiful hand-made creations. With gorgeous colors, lots of differently shaped pieces, and tons of imagination at hand, these will be some of the most loved gifts under your tree.
- Nature Explore – You may have heard of Nature Explore through the amazing work that they do to get kids outside and exploring freely in Mother Nature. But you may not have heard that they’ve now opened a shop where they sell everything from giant outdoor play pieces to building blocks and observation materials. Check out all that they have to offer in their online shop and encourage more outdoor natural play in your family.
- Woom Bikes – With a husband as a bike builder/mechanic, you can only imagine how many bicycles line the walls and floors of our garage! Woom is one of our family’s favorite companies for supporting your young riders. Not only are they a Made in America company, but their designs for helping little ones move from balance bikes to confident pedalers is one of the best we’ve ever seen. If your little one has “bike” on their wish list this year, Woom is what we wholeheartedly recommend!
- Tanglewood Hollow – Honestly, one of the few reasons I visit Instagram on a personal basis is to drool over the products coming out of Tanglewood Hollow’s shop! Their gorgeous printables, natural items, nature journals and more make the perfect addition to any budding naturalist’s home study area. Bonus: If you’re using A Child’s World Curriculum to learn along with your children, Tanglewood Hollow’s materials make a PERFECT companion!
- Whizz Pop Bang Magazine – I am SO excited that Whizz Pop Bang is now delivering to the United States! This is one of the first purchases I made for my oldest son (7) this year, and I cannot wait for our first subscription to arrive. We’ve had tons of kids’ magazine subscriptions over the years, and what I love most about this one is that the pages aren’t glossy so your kids can write in them, the activity ideas are a great balance of fun and easy to set up, and they email the parents a supply list for all of the magazine activities before the subscription arrives (hello AMAZING idea!).
Don’t forget the parents!
- Grow Your Natural Learner Course – Still need to add something to your wish list this Christmas? Make it this! Hosted by yours truly, this once-a-year transformational course will help you design a natural learning experience for your family that is exactly what you dream about. We work together in a community setting to learn, explore, discover, and create, offering support and inspiration along the way. If you’ve been feeling like things aren’t going exactly like you’ve been hoping this natural learning/homeschooling thing would go, you need Grow Your Natural Learner!
- Sage Parenting’s Bucket System Workshop – You’ve probably seen Rachel and I collaborate numerous times over the years, and that’s because her work for gentle parenting is my absolute fav. This is one of her best creations yet, and a workshop that you should definitely gift yourself, ask a partner or grandparent for as a gift, or gift to one of your mama friends. Rachel’s Bucket System is a revolutionary way to encourage your children to participate in household tasks without the dreaded chore charts, nagging to-do lists, or those awful sticker charts. You get access to this super helpful guide to setting up the system and access to Sage Parenting’s private Facebook group for ongoing support!
- 30 Days of Connection Journal – Need a special gift for a Secret Santa, neighbor, or fellow mama friend? Look no further! This journal is a fantastic way to help your friends feel more connected with themselves, their children, and their families. Each day comes with an action prompt that they read in the morning to help them focus on connection throughout the day, and a written prompt that they visit in the evening to reflect on their personal journey. And since this is a digital journal, it’s super easy to deliver! When purchasing, just put your friend’s name and email address in the order form and it’ll be instantly delivered to their inbox. If you want it to be sent completely anonymously, just send me a message and I’ll arrange the delivery for you with a special gift note!
And there you have it! Simple, enjoyable, natural gifts for all of the natural learners in your life. I’d love to hear what other small businesses you’ll be supporting this year! Share in the comments below!
Oh… and don’t forget to grab a copy of the Christmas theme from A Child’s World Pre-K/Kindergarten Curriculum to explore holiday-focused natural learning all month long!