Your child is a natural learner. Guide their curiosity into capability!
Your Natural Learner Curriculum is developed around the philosophy of natural learning.
Natural learning is a philosophy that encompasses two major beliefs:
- Children develop skills and learn according to their own natural rhythms and timelines, and we trust that each child is capable of learning on their own continuum and in their own time and their own unique way.
- The environment and culture of learning built around the child provides them with everything that they need to successfully grow and discover all that they need to learn.
Your Natural Learner supports these beliefs by offering children the opportunity to develop new ideas and understanding in a flexible learning environment, to learn based on their interests and needs, and to be able to freely explore for as long and as deep as necessary within each activity and realm of understanding.
This curriculum was developed to support parents and educators that want to give their children the opportunity to freely explore the world around them and develop at their own unique and natural pace, without the influence of unnecessary (and un-fun!) experiences of worksheets, desk work, and adult-driven learning.
What parents have to say about Your Natural Learner:
Stephen has a library of lessons that goes far beyond the surface, touching nearly every aspect of how to design and develop for the web and iOS.”
LearnPress is a WordPress complete solution for creating a Learning Management System (LMS).
Stephen has a library of lessons that goes far beyond the surface, touching nearly every aspect of how to design and develop for the web and touching.
Every academic standard your child needs is here.
Although the overall focus of Your Natural Learner Curriculum is not to focus solely on academic growth, but to develop and attend to the whole child, it is, after all, a learning curriculum. When this curriculum was created, we took great lengths to research and develop a program that not only allowed full flexibility and child-led learning, but also took into consideration all of the important academic concepts that children “should” be learning.
This is extremely helpful for parents and educators who are required to document the learning journey that their children are on, and we wanted to make that process as easy as possible. You will not need to supplement your child’s learning journey with any other curriculum resources to ensure that all-important content is being covered. Your Natural Learner Curriculum covers it all. BOOM.
Throughout this curriculum, your child will explore every necessary content area, including Literacy (all areas of Reading, Writing, Speaking, and Listening), Mathematics, Science, Social Studies, and Creativity (Art, Music, etc.). Throughout the curriculum you will find helpful information to guide both your personal understanding of your child’s learning, as well as everything you need to document your homeschooling journey for state/local approval.
Your child will not only grow academically as a result of using Your Natural Learner Curriculum!
You will notice leaps and bounds of growth in your child in ways that are not solely academic:
- Your child’s communication skills and vocabulary will grow and expand as they engage with you and others in discussions about what they are learning and discovering.
- Your child’s skills for research and comprehension will grow deeper as they dive into new ideas that are related to their interests.
- Your child’s physical growth will be evident as they engage in both large and fine motor play and exploration.
- Your child’s feelings of self-awareness, self-regulation, and self-expression will all explode as they work through activities that encourage them to be creative, express their feelings, and take careful note of others in the world around them.
Remember throughout the year to be looking for all of these things and more, for, in the end, they matter to your child’s success as a human being far more than academic skills alone!
Meaningful Learning Pillars of Your Natural Learner
Intentionally chosen literature is a critical component of meaningful learning, as it enhances your child’s ability to connect to others, expand their ideas, and develop their own natural literacy skills.
The child’s environment acts as their vehicle to the world of meaningful learning. An organized and intentionally designed learning space gives your child the opportunity to engage in creative, imaginative, and investigative child-led discoveries that create the most meaningful learning experiences of all.